Posted on April 17th, 2015 by mobistorage
Moving House Checklist – Article #1
At mobistorage we understand how difficult a task moving house appears to be.
Over the next 5 weeks we’ll be posting articles that cover every aspect of your move in detail.
We’ll start out with tips 5 weeks until moving day, right up to the big day itself.
So keep checking back at our blog over the next 5 weeks, to ensure your move is a mobistorage “stress free move”.
5 Weeks Until Moving Day
- Book your mobistorage unit, removal company or hire truck.
- Dispose of any items that you will not be bringing to the new house.
- Don’t forget about sorting out the garage/shed/attic. These areas are often forgotten about until moving day and can usually be the most cluttered!
- Make a note of any fragile or valuable items that may need special care to move.
- Measure the dimensions of your furniture and space in your new home and where they will be going.
- Start to use up all opened packets of food in the pantry and throw out any food which is approaching its use by date. Start using up all food in your freezer.
- Check any moving instructions for your appliances, especially fridges and washing machines.
- Gas cylinders and air bottles should be empty with valves open, flammable liquids safely disposed of.
- Create a folder for all your moving documents.
- If you have any children, start to organise their schooling and preschool transfers.
- If travelling overseas, remember passports and their expiry dates, tickets, visas etc.
For any further information on any of the items above, give our friendly team a call today on 1300 914 706 or submit an enquiry here.