Posted on May 12th, 2015 by mobistorage
Moving House Checklist – Article #4
It’s only 1 day before the move, so what should you be doing to prepare?
1 Day UNTIL Moving DAY
- Remember your ‘SURVIVAL’ box. Include important medications, first-aid kit, childrens’ favourite toys, toiletries, tea, coffee, kettle, milk, snacks, baby needs, children’s sleep wear and school needs, work clothes and essentials for the following day. Don’t forget the dog’s lead, pet food and bowls.
- Arrange parking for your mobistorage unit or any removalist trucks.
- If using removalists make sure you give them clear instructions as to your new address and contact phone numbers.
- Collect the keys for your new home.
- Defrost, empty, dry out and air your refrigerator.
- Leave a welcoming note with all relevant information for the new resident. Remember to include your new address and telephone numbers for any mail or calls they may receive for you.
- Prepare your bags and cartons with all items that you wish to transport in your own vehicle
To see how mobistorage can help make your moving day as easy as possible give our friendly team a call today on 1300 914 706 or submit an enquiry form here.